Date: 2 March 1971.
First Publication: March 1971.
This Edition: Marxists.org, March 2013.
Source: Blog of the Communist Party Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Bangladesh, http://sarbaharapath.com.
The bloody history of your and your party for the six point clearly proved that the economic demands of six points can be achieved through armed struggle and making East Bengal independent by separating and freeing it from Pakistan.
Seventy million people of East Bengal have voted you and your party to end the colonial rule and exploitation of non-Bengali ruling regime of Pakistan over East Bengal and establish independent and sovereign People’s Republic of East Bengal.
To materialize this aspiration of East Bengal people, the East Bengal Workers Movement put forward the following proposal to you and Awami League:
1. As elected representative of East Bengal people and the leader of the majority of the national assembly, declare establishment of independent, democratic, peaceful, non-aligned, progressive People’s Republic of East Bengal.
2. Establish provisional government of independent, democratic, peaceful, non-aligned, progressive People’s Republic of East Bengal by workers-peasants and the representatives of open and underground patriotic political parties and individuals.
If necessary, transfer the office of that government to a neutral country.
3. Call for armed national liberation war against the Pakistan colonial ruling regime to establish that government throughout the whole East Bengal.
With this objective, call for formation of National Liberation Army, national enemy annihilation in cities and countryside and smash their establishments.
4. In order to carry national liberation struggle of East Bengal, form “National Liberation Council” or “National Liberation Front” by workers-peasants and the representatives of open and underground patriotic political parties and individuals.
5. Make call to East Bengal people to struggle in open and underground, peaceful and armed, reformist and revolutionary methods.
6. The people’s republic of East Bengal should be promised to implement following programs:
a) To completely overthrow the Pakistan colonial ruling regime and to nationalize all their properties in East Bengal. To end all the exploiter and unequal treaties of colonial government. To nationalize the properties of its lackeys and give maximum punishment to those who are the most hated among them.
b) To dismiss all the civil rights of the national traitors of East Bengal. To form national government of workers, peasants and patriots on the basis of general public electoral right.
c) To end land expropriation of the colonial government in rural areas and to distribute Khas lands and the lands and properties of traitor Jaminders (land lords) and Jotedars (Petty land lords) and other national traitors to the landless and poor peasants. To lessen the exploitation of patriot Jaminders and Jotedars.
d) To support the struggles of workers to establish 8 hour working day, trade union rights and just demands.
e) To nationalize major industries, financial institutions and communication systems.
f) To meet the just demands of students, teachers and intellectuals.
g) To provide equal right to the religious, lingual and tribal minorities in all levels.
h) To solve the unequal development of different regions of East Bengal and provide equal development.
i) To provide systematic control of flood, cyclone, flow-tide, drought, insect and famine.
j) To provide systematic development of national culture, art, education, research, games and physical exercise.
k) To establish foreign policy of peaceful coexistence on the basis of five principles.
l) To support struggle for national liberation and social progress in different countries.
m) To make caution against the activities of US imperialism in East Bengal.
Two paths are open to the East Bengal people. One is to surrender to the bayonet and bullet of Iyahia-Yakub and accept colonial rule and exploitation for an uncertain period of time, while the other is to start armed national liberation war.
People of East Bengal proved with their blood that nothing is more beloved to them than freedom.
On the basis of the above mentioned proposals, you and your party must reflect the aspiration of people. Otherwise, people of East Bengal will never forgive you and Awami League.
Long live the independence of East Bengal!
Long live the People’s Democratic Republic of East Bengal!
Smash the Pakistan colonial ruling regime and their lackeys!
Initiate national war of independence in cities and countryside!
Unite all the patriots!