How to change your email setup to use your alias:
For beginner M.I.A. Volunteers
- Open your web-based email using your account username and password at:
- Enter your account username and password as you always do.
- When into your mailbox, select the "Options" icon.
then "General Options"
then "Personal Information"
- Then enter your alias (e.g. "email@example.com") into Your From: address: and Your Reply-To: address.
- Send a message to Andy Blunden from your alias, so that you can be subscribed to the list under your alias.
- Then send a message to the list from your alias, so that everyone knows and records your alias.
- The Technical Team will disable messages sent to your old account and OK messages sent to your alias
- Make sure that there are no mentions of your old email address on the marxists.org section you manage,
in general advertise this new alias on only one page, and instead of mailto:buttons, use links to this page.
- While you're at it, go to http://marxists.org/password and change your password.
Use a mixture of UPPER and lower case letters, numberals and punctuation and at least 8 characters, and no dictionary words
- all in accordance with our Password Policy.