First Published: People’s Voice, Vol. I, No. 8-9, October 11-17, 1965.
Transcription, Editing and Markup: Paul Saba
Copyright: This work is in the Public Domain under the Creative Commons Common Deed. You can freely copy, distribute and display this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit the Encyclopedia of Anti-Revisionism On-Line as your source, include the url to this work, and note any of the transcribers, editors & proofreaders above.
The Communist Party U.S.A. (Marxist-Leninist) has the revolutionary obligation of providing the political leadership of the American working class in its struggle against U.S. imperialism and for socialism. The U.S.A. is a multi-national state; the Anglo-American nation oppresses the Negro and Puerto Rican nations as direct colonies. The struggle for liberation and for the rights of self-determination for the Negro nation is part of the struggle for socialism and part of the forthcoming proletarian revolution in the U.S.A.
It is our revolutionary obligation as Communists to be instrumental in the formation of a National Liberation Front for the Negro nation in the South, and to advance the fight for the right of self-determination for the Negro nation. It is with this objective in sight that we call for the formation of a National Liberation Front for the Negro nation.
The Communist Party U.S.A.(Marxist-Leninist) accepts as the basis for the formation of a National Liberation Front the nine points outlined by the Committee for the Establishment of the Black Liberation Front (COESTAB), as published in BLACK FLAG, No. 17 (“COESTAB Open Letter”).
The nine points are as follows:
1. Struggle against U.S. imperialism.
2. Realize the liberation and right of self-determination of the Negro nation in the South.
3. Adopt a broad democratic system.
4. Improve the people’s livelihood.
5. Build a patriotic progressive culture and education for the Negro nation.
6. Realize equality for all national groups in all spheres.
7. Support the national liberation struggles of all peoples.
8. Expose and destroy all traitors and quislings who will not mend their ways.
9. To attain these ends, form and build people’s liberation forces.
The Communist Party U.S.A. (Marxist-Leninist) endorses these proposals of the COESTAB. These proposals serve to facilitate the formation of a National Liberation Front for the Negro nation.
For the Secretariat, C.P.U.S.A. (M.-L.), M. I. Laski, General Secretary