First Published: In Struggle! No. 288, June 22, 1982
Transcription, Editing and Markup: Malcolm and Paul Saba
Copyright: This work is in the Public Domain under the Creative Commons Common Deed. You can freely copy, distribute and display this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit the Encyclopedia of Anti-Revisionism On-Line as your source, include the url to this work, and note any of the transcribers, editors & proofreaders above.
1. That we adopt the objective to rebuild a new Canada-wide communist revolutionary organization.
2. That there be a national semi-public conference in February 1983. This will be for all people interested by our general orientation. It will deal with the basis of unity (including the women’s question) and the process we should adopt to create a new organization in relationship with the general political situation.
3. That a Co-ordinating Committee representing all regions be chosen right away. It should be composed of 7 people chosen by the present meeting, as well as delegates from new groupings formed in the next weeks (at least 2 representatives by region).
4. That the mandate of this committee be the following: a) Make the summation of the 4th Congress of IN STRUGGLE!; b) Prepare the February national conference; c) Preserve and broaden the links between different groups and regions; publish an internal bulletin; set up a communications network; d) Ensure the necessary infrastructure (particularly finances and membership); f) Work to ensure or set up a regional life.
5. Each region or cell should give itself the means to: a) get together; b) facilitate debate to prepare the national conference; c) if possible maintain or develop intervention in the masses;
The application of all this will depend on each region (holding regional conferences or other activities, for instance).
6. That during the month of June an appeal be sent out to invite members, sympathisers, contacts and former members of IN STRUGGLE! and all those interested to join us to prepare this conference and to construct a new revolutionary communist organization throughout Canada.
7. That a letter explaining the objectives in the construction of a new revolutionary organisation in Canada be sent to revolutionary forces in the world.