1. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists holds that the main enemy of the working people in BC is social democracy and that it is the most urgent responsibility of all Marxist-Leninists to deepen and broaden our practical work among the working people in order to eliminate this cancer of social democracy and labour aristocrats from the body of the working people. The NDP is the last resort of the monopoly capitalist class to hold their system together and it is the NDP which must be defeated and opposed in order to prepare material conditions for overthrowing U.S. imperialist domination and the capitalist system itself.
2. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists calls upon all the revolutionary people who call themselves Marxist-Leninist to see through the designs of the monopoly capitalist class to divide the ranks of the Marxist-Leninists and to come forward to unite on the basis of upholding the Marxist-Leninist political line in practice. It is a most urgent task of all Marxist-Leninists to unite as many Marxist-Leninists as possible as failure to do so will mean disaster to the cause of anti-imperialist, socialist revolution.
3. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists vigorously denounces the clumsy efforts of U.S. imperialist chieftain Nixon to prolong the war in Indochina and to insist on carrying out ruthless and criminal bombardment of the whole of Indochina. We call upon all our comrades and friends to denounce the U.S. imperialists for their policy of aggression and war against the Vietnamese people and to fully support the Party’s call tor a demonstration on November 11, 1972. We also call upon our comrades and friends to prepare public opinion against the sham peace overture and declarations of Richard Nixon while he stubbornly refuses to sign the 9 point peace proposal to which he had already agreed. This clumsy performance on the part of Richard Nixon clearly exposes his imperialist and fascist nature and proves once again that he is a hardened war criminal.
4. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists vigorously denounces the regime of Mrs. Gandhi for assassinating over 125 students at Moga, Punjab, India, and fully supports the armed agrarian revolution. We call upon our comrades and friends to prepare public opinion against the fascist activities of Mrs. Gandhi and to support the just struggles of the Indian peasantry against the lawlessness of the landlords and capitalists in the countryside and to support the revolutionary struggle of all the toiling masses against the landlord-capitalist regime of Mrs. Gandhi and her international sponsors – Soviet social-imperialism and U.S. imperialism.
5. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists pays tribute to the great proletarian internationalist spirit of Comrade Norman Bethune and calls upon all comrades and friends to celebrate the 33rd anniversary of his death on November 11, 1972.
6. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists vigorously denounces the Zionist State of Israel for its continued occupation of the State of Palestine and its criminal attacks against the Arab countries. We call upon all our comrades and friends to escalate work to create public opinion against the crimes of this U.S. imperialist sponsored Zionist State and resolutely support the national liberation struggle of the Palestinian people.
7. The First Conference of Unity of BC Marxist-Leninists soundly denounces the modern revisionists of the Soviet Union headed by Brezhnev and Kosygin for betraying the path of the Great October Revolution and calls upon all our comrades and friends to step up revolutionary propaganda work against modern revisionism.
(This article first appeared in People’s Canada Daily News, Vol. 2 No. 12, November 8, 1972.)