Source: The Communist Review, August 1922, Vol. 3, No. 4.
Publisher: Communist Party of Great Britain
Transcription/Markup: Brian Reid
Public Domain: Marxists Internet Archive (2006). You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source.
11. Plenary session of the Executive of the Comintern ends.
11. Fight between German Monarchists and Communists in Königsberg.
14. Vandervelde abandons Moscow trial.
14. Reds expelled from the International Union of Woodworkers.
15. Executive of Vienna International meets in Frankfurt.
16-18. Anarcho-syndicalist Conference in Berlin unsuccessful.
17-19. Conference of the Second International in London.
19-25. German Trade Union Congress in Leipzig.
20. Big demonstration in Moscow against the Social-revolutionaries.
21. Fight between striking coal-miners and blacklegsin Herrin, Illinois, U.S.
22. Albert S. Inkpin released from prison.
24. Rathenau murdered in Berlin.
24-27. General railway-strike in Austria.
24-27. Communist Party Congress in Austria.
25. General strike of Italian metal-workers begins.
26. Congress of the French Red Trade Unions (C.G.T.U.) opens.
27. Hague Conference between Soviet Russia and the capitalist world opens.
27. 12 hours’ general strike and big demonstrations in Germany.
27-30. Labour Party Congress in Edinburgh; affiliation of Communist Party rejected.
28. Irish civil war. Fight in Dublin.
30. Berlin printers’ strike begins.
30. French C.G.T.U. decides for R.I.L.U.
1. 400,000 American railway shop men on strike.
2. National Council of German Independent Socialists (U.S.P.D.) agrees to unite with Majority Socialists.
4. A further 12 hours’ general strike and big labour demonstration in Germany.
4. Dombol, Polish Communist M.P. trial opens in Warsaw.
5. Italian General Federation of Labour (C.G.L.) gives 250,000 votes out of 1,100,000 for policy of working with Communists.
7. Conference of the Workers’ International Relief Committee opens in Berlin.