J. V. Stalin
Source : Works, Vol. 16
Publisher : Red Star Press Ltd., London, 1986
Transcription/HTML Markup : Salil Sen for MIA, 2009
Public Domain : Marxists Internet Archive (2009). You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit "Marxists Internet Archive" as your source.
To all Organizations of the C.P.S.U.(B.) :
Today in Moscow there was a Plenary Session of the Central Committee of the C.P.S.U. (B.). The Central Committee of the C.P.S.U.(B.) has decided to call the 19th Party Congress of the C.P.S.U.(B.) on 5 October, 1952.
Agenda for the 19th Party Congress :
I. Report of the Central Committee of the C.P.S.U.(B.). Report to be given by Comrade Malenkov.
II. Report of the Central Revision Commission of the C.P.S.U.(B.). Report to be given by the Chairman of the Revision Commission, Comrade Moskatov.
III. Guidelines of the 19th Party Congress for the fifth Five-Year Plan for the development of the U.S.S.R. in the years 1951 - 1955. Report to be given by the Chairman of the State Planning Commission, Comrade Saburov.
IV. Alterations in the Statutes of the C.P.S.U.(B.). Report to be given by the Secretary of the Central Committee, Comrade Krushchev.
V. Elections to the Central Party Organs. Rules for the procedure of election of delegates to the Party Congress:
1. One delegate with a deciding vote for every 5000 Party members.
2. One delegate with an advisory vote for every 5000 Party candidates.
3. That delegates to the 19th Party Congress in agreement with the Party statutes, are elected by secret ballot.
4. The Party Organizations of the Russian, Socialist, Federative, Soviet Republics to elect delegates to the Party Congress from areas, provinces and autonomous Republics. In the remaining Soviet Republics, the delegates to be elected on the judgement of the Communist Parties of the Union Republics at regional conferences, or on Party Congresses of the Communist Parties of the Union Republics.
5. The Communists in the Party Organizations of the Soviet Army, Navy and the Border Units of the Ministry of State Security to elect their delegates to the 19th Party Congress with the rest of the Party Organizations of the areas, respectively district Party conferences or at the Party Congresses of the Communist Parties of the Union Republics.
Secretary of the C.C., C.P.S.U.(B).
("New Germany," Berlin Ed., No. 196, 21 August, 1952)