Social Democrat Party
Education Platform, Seattle School Board elections campaign, 1901
First Published: The Socialist, 1901
HTML Markup: For marxists.org in 2001.
1. Enough school buildings of moderate cost to be built immediately to accommodate all, instead of costly palaces for the few.
2. More teachers, and better paid.
3. Teachers tenure permanent during efficiency.
4. Free meals and free clothing, if needed, to keep children from the necessity of work.
5. Free kindergartens for all children between three and six.
6. Free medical inspection weekly.
7. Greatest attention to be paid to primary grades.
8. Compulsory attendance of all children under 15.
9. An all-around development, gymnastic, aesthetic and moral instead of mere intellectual “cramming.”