How to set up GNU for the M.I.A.
GNU+Linux, *BSD and other Free Operating Systems: You have many ways to transfer files. You can use 'scp' command line tool (included in OpenSSH package). You can try these other options:
- Midnight Commander (commonly know as 'mc')
- Onces you are in MC just type: cd /#sh:[your username]@marxists.org and press ENTER.
- You will be asked to enter your password
- Now you got one panel pointing to MIA servers and the other one to your local system. You can transfer files using copy function (F5) as usual and make a lot of other things.
- If you prefer graphical interface, you can use KDE or GNOME to directly access to the MIA account and transfer file with simple drag and drop. Here are short instructions:
- In KDE: launch Konqueror and go to 'system:/remote' or "Remote Places". Click in "Add a Network Folder", select "Secure Shell (ssh) and follow the instructions.
- In GNOME: go to "Places" menu and select "Connect to Server" option. In "Service type" select "SSH" and complete the boxes with your login information. In folder write: '/home/mia/username'.
In GNU/Linux and other Free Operating Systems you can edit HTML using WYSIWYG software like Kompozer, Bluefish, Amaya and other great tools.