Written: Written March-early April, 1919
Published: First published in 1933 in Lenin Miscellany XXIV. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, 2nd English Edition, Progress Publishers, 1971, Moscow, Volume 42, page 132.
Translated: Bernard Isaacs
Transcription\Markup: D. Walters
Copyleft: V. I. Lenin Internet Archive (www.marxists.org) © 2003 Permission is granted to copy and/or distribute this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
1) Special tax on middle peasants to be relaxed at once.
2) Party people to be sent out (3 from each gubernia committee) specially to work for the middle peasants .
3) Commissions to be set up in the centre (a number of them) and sent out to the local areas to defend the middle peasant.
4) Draw up and endorse plan for Kalinin’s tours. Publish dates, places, reception of visitors, etc.
5) Participation in these tours (Points 4 and 5) by the People’s Commissariats for Justice, Internal Affairs, Agriculture, and others.
6) Press campaign.
7) “Manifesto” in defence of the middle peasant.
8) Verification (and cancellation) of coercive measures for joining the communes.
9) Verification of food measures in the direction of relaxing requisitions, exactions, etc., from the middle peasants .
11) “Identification of the kulak.”
12) Surplus appropriation of grain and fodder.
13) Handicraftsmen and artisans recognised.