Written: May 23, 1919
Published: First published in 1945 in Lenin Miscellany XXXV. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, 2nd English Edition, Progress Publishers, 1971, Moscow, Volume 42, pages 136c-137a.
Translated: Bernard Isaacs
Transcription\Markup: D. Walters
Public Domain: Lenin Internet Archive (2003). You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source. • README
May 23, 1919
1. Salaries over 3,000 rubles shall be appointed by the Board of each Commissariat, reported to the People’s Commissariats for Labour and for State Control, and submitted to the Council of People’s Commissars for endorsement.
2. Each People’s Commissariat is obliged within a week to present a list of all employees who receive over 3,000 rubles a month.
3. Each Commissariat is obliged within a week to present a list of leading specialists and outstanding organisers who have to be paid over 3,000 rubles.
The Board of each Commissariat must declare in the case of each person 1) its assurance that he is an outstanding specialist in such-and-such a field; 2) exactly what outstanding organising job he is doing or is capable of doing.
4. On June 15 only those whose salaries have been endorsed by the Council of People’s Commissars shall receive pay at the rate of 3,000 rubles and more.
5. The term within which salaries shall be endorsed by the Council of People’s Commissars is to be fixed at not more than one week from the date of presentation.
6. Reports to be delivered by Lenin and Krasin.
7. Avanesov is directed not later than tomorrow, May 24, to submit theses or principles concerning salaries of over 3,000 rubles to non-outstanding specialists.
Please type 6–7 copies.