Written: Written in February 1921
Published: First published: 1—in 1942 in Lenin Miscellany XXXIV; 2—in 1945 in Lenin Miscellany XXXV. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, 3nd English Printing, Progress Publishers, 1977, Moscow, Volume 42, pages 280b-281a.
Translated: Bernard Isaacs
Transcription\Markup: D. Walters
Public Domain: Lenin Internet Archive (2003). You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source. • README
Significance of Electrification
1. Modern technics.
2. Restoration of productive forces. Increasing them.
4. Communism= Soviet power + electrification.
5. General integrated plan: focussing the people’s attention and energies.
6. Raising culture (of the working people).
6. Not simple literacy.
1) Decree endorsing the plan ....
2) Mobilisation of technical forces.
Assembling both electrical engineering and labour forces.
Utilisation of stations.
Agitation and propaganda.
Teaching of theoretical and practical knowledge about electricity.
3) Decree on GOELRO.
4) Decree on Engineering Department ....
5) Decree on All-Russia Electrical Engineering Congress.
6) Petrograd. Coal from abroad via Murmansk.