Written: Written October 15, 1921
Published: First published in the journal Voprosi Istorii KPSS No. 2. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, 1st English Edition, Progress Publishers, 1965, Moscow, Volume 42, page 351b.
Translated: Yuri Sdobnikov
Transcription\Markup: D. Walters
Public Domain: Lenin Internet Archive (2003). You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source. • README
1) Guseinov and Akhundov to be called out immediately.
2) It be strictly demanded that factional strife in Baku and Azerbaijan cease completely.
3) It be confirmed that those engaging in factional strife will be expelled from the Party.
4) The comrades sent to Azerbaijan from the R.S.F,S.R. shall be directed to check fulfilment.
5) Stalin shall be instructed to draw up by Monday draft directives on the implementation of the Communist Party’s national policy in Azerbaijan.
6) In regard to Persia the strictest confirmation to be made at once.
 There having been certain differences of opinion among leading members of the Baku Party organisation and the central organisations of Azerbaijan in applying the national policy, the Central Committee of the R.C.P.(B.) issued instructions for the greatest discretion to be shown by Party workers in Azerbaijan towards the mode of life and way of thinking among the Moslem population. All functionaries of the Azerbaijan Communist Party were directed to take this into consideration in all their activities and strive towards teamwork and co-operation and not allow any factions to be formed within the Party organisation. Lenin’s proposals were included in the decision of the C.C.’s Politbureau adopted October 15, 1921.
The directives on the implementation of the Communist Party’s ntiona1 policy in Azerbaijan drafted by S. V. Stalin were endorsed by the Politbureau on October 17.
Point 6 refers to the decision of the Politbureau of October 3, 1921, aimed at preventing any violation by Baku Party workers of the Soviet Governmeiit’s policy towards Persia (Iran).