Written: Written February 14, 1922
Published: First published in 1959 in Lenin Miscellany XXXVI. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, Progress Publishers, 1971, Moscow, Volume 42, page 399.
Translated: Bernard Isaacs
Transcription\Markup: R. Cymbala and D. Walters
Copyleft: V. I. Lenin Internet Archive (www.marxists.org) © 2004 Permission is granted to copy and/or distribute this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
1) The Board of Centrosoyuz, which consists only of Communists, says that the newspaper is necessary if the co-operatives are to fulfil their difficult and new organising work and carry out the trade tasks imposed upon them.
|February 11, 1922||N. Meshcheryakov|
To Comrade Molotov for the Politbureau:
in view of the obvious flimsiness of Comrade Meshcheryakov’s arguments, I propose:
1) that the Board of Centrosoyuz be directed to replace the daily newspaper Kooperativnoye Dyelo with a weekly;
2) the personnel and funds thus released should be used wholly for improving the activities of headquarters in supervising and helping to develop proper trade by the co-operatives locally;
3) reports on the fulfilment of § 2 to be made monthly to the Politbureau;
4) more contributions to be made to Ekonomicheskaya Zhizn