MIA > Archive > Mandel
First published as Der Spätkapitalismus, Suhrkamp Verlag, Berlin 1972.
© Suhrkamp Verlag, 1972.
Translated by Joris De Bres.
This revised edition first published by New Left Books, London 1975.
© World English-language copyright NLB.
Extract published with kind permission of Verso Books.
Transcribed & marked up by Einde O’Callaghan for the Marxists’ Internet Archive.
1. The Laws of Motion and the History of Capital
2. The Structure of the Capitalist World Market
3. The Three Main Sources of Surplus-Profit
in the Development of Modern Capitalism
4. ‘Long Waves’ in the History of Capitalism
5. Valorization of Capital, Class Struggle and
the Rate of Surplus-Value in Late Capitalism
6. The Specific Nature of the Third Technological Revolution
7. The Reduction of the Turnover-Time of Fixed Capital
and the Pressure towards Company Planning
and Economic Programming
8. The Acceleration of Technological Innovation
9. The Permanent Arms Economy and Late Capitalism
10. The International Concentration and Centralization of Capital
11. Neo-Colonialism and Unequal Exchange
12. The Expansion of the Services Sector, the ‘Consumer
Society’, and the Realization of Surplus-Value
13. Permanent Inflation
14. The Industrial Cycle in Late Capitalism
15. The State in the Age of Late Capitalism
16. Ideology in the Age of Late Capitalism
17. Late Capitalism as a Whole
18. The Crisis of Capitalist Relations of Production
Top of the page
Last updated on 4 June 2014