Source: Thalheimer: A Missed Opportunity? The German October Legend and the Real History of 1923, Marken Press 1993.
Translated by: Mike Jones ©
Online Version: Marxists Internet Archive (marxists.org) 2003
Transcription/Markup: Mathias Bismo
Introduction by Mike Jones
The 1923 Legend
1. Why Must the Issues of 1923 Be Explained?
2. Of What Does the Left October Legend Consist?
3. The Rise of the Left October Legend
4. The High Point of the October Legend
5. The Start of the Revision of the October Legend
The Class Forces in Russia in 1917 compared with Germany in 1923
The Real Story of 1923
1. The Effect of the Occupation of the Ruhr
2. The Behaviour of the Party Until the Strike Against Cuno
3. The Speculative Plan of Action of the Comintern
4. The Intervention of the Bourgeoisie Changes the Situation
5. The Decisive Mistakes of the Party After the Cuno Strike
6. The Retreat and the Chemnitz Conference
7. Some of the Most Important Lessons