Written: Written on October 19, 1921
Published: First published in 1933 in Lenin Miscellany XXIII. Printed from a typewritten text signed by Lenin.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, Progress Publishers, 1976, Moscow, Volume 45, pages 345b-346a.
Translated: Yuri Sdobnikov
Transcription\Markup: R. Cymbala
Public Domain: Lenin Internet Archive You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work; as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source.
Other Formats: Text • README
I propose that the information and material on the construction of the Ivanovo-Voznesensk District Electric-Power Station (on Lake Rubskoye) should be urgently sent to me.
1) The statute of the state district Ivanovo-Voznesensk electric-power station or of the construction of this station.
2) Have the projects for the construction of this station, the basic data of the project: capacity, type, etc., been worked out and approved?
3) How the project administration is organised; the number of offices; their location; relations with each other and the centre; to whom the construction is directly subordinate here, at the centre; relations between the construction bodies and the Ivanovo-Voznesensk Gubernia Soviet establishments; the name, office and record of the chief persons responsible for construction; those here, at the centre, directly responsible for the whole undertaking.
4) The number of industrial and office workers employed by the project administration and at the building site on May 1 and October 1, including the staffs of all the central and local construction offices (Moscow, Ivanovo-Voznesensk, Teikovo, Lake Rubskoye); separately—how many:
Building and other workers:
Administrative and technical personnel:
b) other technicians.
5) What tasks have been set before the project administration, the building programme for 1921 and 1922; the calendar programme and its execution over these two years.
6) The state of the building operations on October 1,1921; what has actually been done since the start of construction.
7) Supply of the building site for 1921 and 1922 with:
building and technical materials, and manpower, etc.
V. Ulyanov (Lenin)
Chairman, Council of People’s Commissars
 This was written in connection with the report from N. N. Kolotilov, Chairman of the Ivanovo-Voznesensk Gubernia Executive Committee, about mismanagement and the fact that the construction site was run by several offices with many employees and few workers.
That same day, N. P. Gorbunov, on Lenin’s assignment, had a talk with N. N. Kolotilov.
On October 20, 1921, the Administration for Electrotechnical Structures sent in detailed replies to Lenin’s questions.