MIA: History: International: Socialist International: Swedish Social Democracy
Swedish Social Democracy
1881 — 1917
August Palm's speech in Malmö, September 1881
May Day, 1890
The Red Thread by Håkan Blomqvist
Norway-Sweden 1905. How the labour movement prevented war by Jonathan Clyne, Kerstin Alfredsson and Lena Höijer
Sons of Workers, Anthem of Swedish Social Democracy
- 1889; Party is constituted officially. Attends the first meeting of the Second International.
- 1890: Celebrates 1st of May for the first time, with a big demonstration.
- 1896-97: Branting elected to Riksdag as first Social Democrat MP.
- 1897: First party program after Gotha program, written by Danielsson. Program is based on Erfurt program.
- 1902, 1909: Major strikes, after which SDLP ceases its tactic of the Mass General Strike.
- 1911: New party program.
- 1917: Split with Communists.