MIA: History: ETOL: Global Document Additional Entries
The Trotsky Encyclopedia
An On-Line Resource Center for the Study of the International Trotskyist Movement
Bolshevik Tendency/International Bolshevik Tendency
1917 – The journal of the IBT.
Introducing 1917 – by the International Bolshevik Tendency.
– An explanation of the IBT’s politics – 16K.
Bulletin of the IBT. – A bulletin published around various topics of the day.
Imperialist Troops Out of Haiti
Bulletin of the External Tendency No. 1: Declaration of Tendency
Bulletin of the External Tendency No. 2
Bulletin of the External Tendency No. 3
Bulletin of the External Tendency No. 4: The Road to Jimstown
Stop the Liqudidation of Trade Union Work
Solidarnosc: Acid Test of Trotskyist
Brazil / Brazilian Trotskyism
Trotskyism in Brazil (19281964) – by Osvaldo Coggiola
James P. Cannon
James P. Cannonism – By Owen Gager
Fourth InternationaL – Misc Documents
France / French Trotskyism
With the Masses, Against the Stream: French Trotskyism in the Second World War – by Ian H. Birchall
– from Revolutionary History, 1988/89
Frank Glass (Li Fu-Jen)
Gerry Healy / Joseph Hansen / George Novak / Campaign Against
The Verdict: Is a Shameless Frameup! – A Statement on the Slanders Circulated by the Healy Group Against Hansen, Novack and the Socialist Workers Party
– by the SWP, 1976?
Holland / Dutch Trotskyism
Dutch Trotskyism During the Occupation –(Parts I-III) – by Wim Bot, 1987
– 187K altogether
The Case of Leon Trotsky: Report of Hearings on the Charges Made Against Him in the Moscow Trials – Held April 10 to 17, 1937, John Dewey, Chairman.
Trotsky In Norway
Revolution and Counter Revolution in Portugal – the 1975 document that laid the groundwork for the founding of the Bolshevik Tendency of the USFI and later the IWL(FI) – by Nahuel Moreno
– from Revista de América, Buenos Aires, Argentina, a journal of the Socialist Workers Party of Argentina. Transcribed from the March 1977 International Information Bulletin, published by the Socialist Workers Party of the United States. – In five parts plus an introduction for a total of 321K.
The Differences Over Portugal – A Response to Nahuel Moreno and a Group of Former Members of the Leninist Trotskyist Faction – by Gus Horowitz
– critique of Moreno’s Revolution and Counter Revolution in Portugal from the point of view of the SWP (US)
Reviews Of Trotsky’s Works
Trotzky’s Diary in Exile – 1935 – Erich Fromm (unpublished)
Trotsky’s Diary in Exile – 1935 – Pierre Frank
Trotsky On England – John Maynard Keynes, 1926
An Epic of Revolution: Reflections on Trotsky’s History – A.L. Rowse, 1933
On Their Morals and Ours – John Dewey, 1938
Socialist Action [US]
Dialectical Materialism, by Cliff Conner
Socialist Workers Party [Britain] / International Socialists
More Years for the Locust: Origins of the SWP – by Jim Higgins, International Socialist Group, London 1997
– Complete, 14 chapters, 6 appendices, 1.3M altogether
Spartacist League/International Communist League/iSt –Major collection of documents from this current
Reforge the Fourth International! Internationalist Group Founded – Founding statement of the Internationalist Group.
– Approved on 24 August 1996 and finalized on 31 August 1996
Transitional Program & Method
The Transitional Program. – The 1938 founding document of the Fourth International.
– This version is from the Trotsky Internet Archive, the text of which came from a Labor Publications pamphlet and rechecked for accuracy against the original Russian version by Martin Schreader
The Transitional Program: Introductory Notes to a comparison between the Russian and English texts. – Essay on the discrepancies between the original Russian-language draft and the subsequent English and French translations.
– Written by Luciano Dondero, 1996 – 9K
The Transitional Program: Discrepancies between the Russian and English texts. – This comparison is based on the Russian-language text as published in the Bulletin of Left Opposition (issue no.66/67, 1938) and the English-language text from the 1974 Pathfinder edition.
– Written by Luciano Dondero,1996 – 8K
Thinking about the Transitional Programme – A contribution to a discussion on the now dufunct “LeftUnity” internet email list.
– Written by John Plant, 1996
The Transitional Programme in perspective – by Richard Price.
– From Workers’ Action No.2 April 1998
How it Happened, – Natalia Sedova Trotsky, 1941
Leon Sedov: Son, Friend, Fighter – by Leon Trotsky
– Trotsky’s farewell to his son and collaborator
Women’s Question / Feminism
On The Woman Question – a panel discussion, 1951. Johnson-Forest Tendency
– 135K in two parts
The Liberation of Women – Michel Pablo, 1960
Last updated 19 August 2006